- ADW: Caiman crocodilus: INFORMATION
Caiman crocodilus, the spectacled, common, or brown caiman, is a crocodilian
native to northern South America, Central America, ... Spectacled caimans reach
sexual maturity at sizes of about 1.2 meters for females and 1.4 meters for males,
- Growth of Caiman crocodilus yacare in the Brazilian Pantanal - PLOS
We studied growth of the caiman, Caiman crocodilus yacare, in the Brazilian
Pantanal for 27 years between ... Data on known-age individuals indicated that
female C. c. yacare generally reach sexual maturity between 10 and ...journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone...
- Caiman crocodilus - Wikipedia
The spectacled caiman (Caiman crocodilus), also known as the white caiman or
common caiman, is a crocodilian reptile found in much of ... Heat not only
incubates the eggs, but also determines the sex of the developing caimans.
When the ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectacled_caiman
- Sex Determination and Sex Ratios in Crocodylus palustris1
Incubation temperature determines sex in the mugger crocodile, Crocodylus
palustris. Exclusively females are produced at constant temperatures of 28.0°C
through. 31"C. At 32.5°C, only males are produced. Both sexes are produced in ...academic.oup.com/icb/article-pdf/29/3/.../29-3-935.pdf
- Genital structures and sex identification in crocodiles
The most distinct sex character in crocodiles is the male erectile penis that is
hidden inside the cloaca in the resting state. ... morphological structures of the
penis and the clitoris of “Crocodilus lucius” (= Alligator mississippiensis) were
- Detection of a synthetic sex steroid in the American crocodile - NCBI
Chemosphere. 2017 Apr 5;180:125-129. doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2017.04.
020. [Epub ahead of print]. Detection of a synthetic sex steroid in the American
crocodile (Crocodylus acutus): Evidence for a novel environmental androgen.www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28399454
- Population structure and sex ratio in Caiman crocodilus in Caño ...
Estructura poblacional y proporción de sexos en Caiman crocodilus en Caño
Negro, Costa Rica. Population structure and sex ratio in Caiman crocodilus in
Caño Negro, Costa Rica. Armando H. Escobedo-Galván. Escuela de Ciencias ...www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0073...
- The Spectacled Caiman (Caiman crocodilus) – Kaieteur News
The Spectacled Caiman (Caiman crocodilus), also known as the White Caiman
or Common Caiman, is a crocodilian reptile ... Temperature not only incubates
the eggs, but also determines the sex of the developing Caiman.www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/.../the-spectacled-caiman-caima...
- Common Caiman - Caiman crocodilus - Details - Encyclopedia of Life
Descriptions and articles about the Common Caiman, scientifically known as
Caiman crocodilus in the Encyclopedia of Life. Includes ... between 65 and 104
days. Sex is determined by temperature in the nest about midway through
- Temperature-dependent sex determination in crocodilians
Half of the 22 extant crocodilians show evidence of temperature-dependent sex
... high temperature) attributed to Alligator mississippiensis and Caiman
crocodilus are here re- vised to be ... sex determination (TSD) in reptiles have